Thursday, January 18, 2007

Windy day

I've had some quite good Year 11 and Year 10 lessons today ... so thanks to another HoD who had forwarded interesting powerpoints that I've been using with my Year 11s, and to my NQT who has worked with me on planning Year 10 lessons, which have had a variety of straightforward tasks ... they've been matching up sentences, choosing the correct responses, brainstorming, sequencing, reading, taking notes, answering questions ... I've enjoyed it. Good lessons with AS class as well, although they were all upset and disappointed by their Foundation paper yesterday. It was a shame - not a great choice of questions. However, I hope the next lot will be better.

Then I had a Governors' Meeting that I only found out about tonight, which was dealing with the Catholic Ethos of the school and our SEF 48, which is based on the teaching in RE. So there were only a few of us, and I was getting asked specific questions about the RE department. Okay, though.

So a long day, but at least most of the lessons went fairly smoothly. No Year 7s! And that was even with all that wind, which normally makes the pupils wappy. Strange!

No comments: