Sunday, January 07, 2007

Getting there ...

Slowly but surely.

Is that how I began my last blog too?

It's another late night ... but at least the Year 7 assessments have been marked, and the levels have been added to the database. A bit disappointing, really. However, it's the first time we have used that assessment, and I think the pupils thought that the questions needed short answers rather than more developed answers. I'm not sure whether to change the assessment next time, or simply give more sentence starters/guidance etc.

I have also planned a couple of lessons to start the week.

So ... I still have to:

* Write about 50 Year 11 reports.
* Plan a questionnaire for my Year 11s as part of my research.
* Read up on, and write, my Methods and Methodology Review.
* Get in touch with the other ex-HoD who is helping me out by writing another Scheme of Work ...
* Plan lessons for next week, including a SoW for Year 10 and Year 11.

I'm sure I could go on ...

I also helped H with his tax return today (still a bit to do, but we're getting there, and it seemed to be easier than I thought it would be ... next year could be a bit more complicated though!).

Also finished the Butternut Squash soup which I made yesterday. Delicious! In fact, I think it deserves a blog entry of its own.

No comments: