Monday, January 22, 2007

Data, lists, pupils

I'm just blogging in between goes at Scrabble ... H is winning by quite a bit! Anyway, it makes a change from school, which has lurched from one bad lesson to another ... To be fair, the first lesson, the Year 11s, wasn't entirely their fault ... I thought it was my other class that I had that morning, so I left the wrong set of books at home to mark. Still, it doesn't justify throwing my own planner at me. Not too happy about that. Especially when I'm not entirely sure who it was ... The Year 7s were their usual loud and silly selves, but the teacher I called over for stayed in the class for a few minutes while I taught, and I was able to carry out a proper (five minutes worth of) lesson for the first time in ages. Then she left and they were arguing again. More detentions on the cards.

Finally, the Year 10s. I sent two to the referral room quite quickly, for throwing a chair and hitting someone, but even that didn't really calm them down. I have made a new seating plan, but that's still not ideal. Most eventually did something, and the final pupil left about 20 minutes after the bell went.

Then, the meeting. Statistics, statistics, statistics. Data. Two-way tables. Targets. Lists. More lists. More data.

Glad to be home!

No comments: