Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Another baby!

Yes, it's ... Tuesday! (Emm, do I have that excuse on Fridays and Mondays too?!)

I've had letters of apology from the Year 11s that I taught yesterday - although there's still a bit of finger pointing about the throwing of the planner - thanks to the support of the Head of Year. We do have great Heads of Year at school, that's for sure. And they don't get any extra time on their timetable to do their work, which is awful.

My Year 7s were the main concerns today (surprise, surprise!) - there was a lovely lesson planned ...

[NEWS FLASH: I've just learnt that my last HoD had a baby boy at the weekend! So that's the third baby boy this week! How exciting!]

... Anyway, Year 7s had to write a recipe for a good community. I had copied Delia Smith's recipe and everything in order to help and encourage them (Homework - bake a marmalade cake or sticky date loaf and bring Miss a slice in the morning ... postcards home for everyone who does that ...) but a few students continue to spoil it for everyone. Once again, we had three of us in the classroom at one point. Is it me?! (If so, it's a number of other teachers who teach them as well ... Would that be too much of a coincidence?)

After school I had a quick planning meeting with a colleague at another school for the presentation we're going to do on Friday. That was fun, and I might finish my blog by demonstrating one of the strategies we discussed. It's called polygobbing.

Dnnr s ckng, nd - bttr g nd s f t s rdy. Gdnght!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're missing my baking then, if you're getting yr7 to bring you cake?! I like that idea, though I'm not sure I'd want to eat much that my yr7s produced!!

Interested to hear how the polygobbing would be used...? Or should that be plygbbing?!

Nzeru Louisa said...

W'r gng t s t fr r plnry t s hw mch thy'v lrnt bt blndd lrnng ...

I would probably use it as when sharing the aims of my lesson, so they will need to draw upon prior learning as well predict what we might learn about today ... and know and remember key words such as "knw", "ndrstnd" and "b bl t"!

Nzeru Louisa said...

And yes, I miss your baking! (Although I am a bit slimmer now ...)

:-)